The GPSMAP 60CSx is a refreshing upgrade of the GPSMAP 60CS, one of our most popular models for outdoor and marine use. This unit features a removable microSD card for detailed mapping memory and a waterproof, rugged housing. The microSD card slot is located inside the waterproof battery compartment. Users can load map data and transfer routes and waypoints through the units fast USB connection.
In addition, this unit features a new, highly sensitive GPS receiver that acquires satellites faster and lets users track their location in challenging conditions, such as heavy foliage or deep canyons. The GPSMAP 60CSx also incorporates a barometric altimeter for extremely accurate elevation data and an electronic compass that displays an accurate heading while standing still.
Considered the mainstay among serious outdoor enthusiasts, the GPSMAP 60CSx and GPSMAP 60Cx offer a large color TFT display and turn-by-turn routing capability. Each unit comes with a blank 64 MB microSD card. Owners of these new x-series handhelds can also purchase new microSD cards that are pre-loaded with MapSource Topo and inland lake maps, BlueChart marine cartography, and City Navigator street maps.
GPSMAP 60CSX Features:
* New high-sensitivity WAAS-capable GPS receiver by SiRF
* Built-in quad-helix receiving antenna with remote antenna capability
* Unit dimensions: 2.4" W x 6.1" H x 1.3" D
* Display: 1.5" W x 2.2" H, 2.6-diagonal, 256-color, transflective TFT (160 x 240 pixels)
* Supports English, Spanish, Portugese, and French languages.
* Weight: 7.5 ounces with batteries (not included)
-Electronic compass displays accurate heading while standing still
-Barometric altimeter with automatic pressure trend recording
* microSD card slot allows for storage of optional MapSource detail (64 MB microSD included)
* LED backlit display and keypad
* Battery life: 18 hours (typical use) using two AA alkaline batteries
* Includes a built-in Americas autoroute basemap with automatic routing capabilities, including highways, exits, and tide data (USA only)
* Internal memory is preloaded with a marine point database
* 1,000 user waypoints with name and graphic symbol; 50 reversible routes
* Position formats include Lat/Lon, UTM, Loran TDs, Maidenhead, MGRS, user grid, and more
* Large-numbers option for easy viewing; dual-position display mode
* Trip computer provides odometer, stopped time, moving average, overall average, total time, max speed, and more
* 10,000-point automatic track log; 20 saved tracks (500 points each) let you retrace your path in both directions
* Elevation computer provides current elevation, ascent/descent rate, minimum/ maximum elevation, total ascent and descent, average and maximum ascent and descent rate
* Navigation instructions can be shared with repeaters, plotters, and autopilots using NMEA protocols through the dedicated serial port
* Built-in celestial tables for sun and moon calculations and the best times to fish and hunt
* Compatible with most MapSource products. See the MapSource Compatibility table (top right) for a list of software that Garmin recommends with this product.
* Water resistant: IEC 60529 IPX7 standards